Lazada Philippines
Lazada Philippines

Study hard. Pray Harder

When I was in College, I would always say, Study hard, Party Harder.
When I was in law school, I realized that studying hard is not enough, even the agnostic will learn to call on a God when recitations or exam results came. 
My motto became STUDY HARD, PRAY HARDER.

My dear friend. Do pray, pray as you study, pray as you take the exams and pray as you wait forthe  results.

As my Law school crush (jk), Atty. Isaac De Leon, said:
So what was I praying as I review for the Bar...

Lord, I know that I could only read as much as my mind can comprehend, I am imploring for your grace to direct me to topics that will be asked in the Bar Exams. Please help me remember, comprehend and analyze so that when I encounter this topic, I will be able to answer it concisely, coherently and legibly. In Jesus Name, Amen.

What was I praying during the Bar Exams. Exactly 7:30-8:00am

Lord, you knew how much I studied. My efforts and my desire to pass are not hidden from you. I am not asking for what I deserve but I am asking for your grace and favor to ease my mind and let the answers flow through me. And if I do not know the answer, I will call unto you and help me get through it. I know it was You and Your Grace who have led me this far and I know You will not leave me. Lord, grant me this moment. Help me claim my destiny. In Jesus Name. Amen.

What was I praying after the exams, during the checking period (nov-feb)

Lord, I have done my part. I have given my all. This time, it is only You who could touch the hearts of the examiners. May they say, "ang galing naman ng batang ito. Ang ganda ng handwriting. Concise, coherent at maganda ang sagot. This answer deserves a full point. Lawyer material."   Sana po maganda mood niya at di siya inaway ng asawa niya or di masakit ngipin niya or di masakit ulo niya. Lord kayo na po bahala. Itinataas ko na po sa inyo. Atty. Sharmagne Joy Binay, 2014 Bar Exams. 

***okay. Don't judge me, I was desperate. Haha, seriously, with a dream like ours, who wouldn't. A priest once told me that we should be specific with our prayers, so I tried my very best to be specific especially after the exams. Believe me, there are times that  I  feel my booklets were being checked. So even if I am driving, I will pull over or during stoplight, I would pray my after exams prayer. :) i think it worked. I really hope it would work for you too.



Comments

  1. Thank you and God bless you Atty. Joy Binay.
    Your blog is practically the best blog on bar exam tips and preparation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts