Lazada Philippines
Lazada Philippines

When nothing seems to help...




"When Nothing seems to help, I go look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it... yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

            If you know NBA and you are familiar with the team San Antonio Spurs you are already familiar with this code. This code has been used by Coach Gregg Popovich in buliding and improving the SPURS empire. Ask any player to recite this code and they can recite this in a heartbeat.

         During the Bar review and the NBA 2014 Finals, I wrote this code and thought about it. When nothing seems to help my review, when it seems that I cannot remember anything or that I have not read enough or I am not prepared enough, this code reminds me that I should not stop. That I should keep on pounding, reading and moving forward.

             This code reminds me that I had been through the grueling hell of law school. The sleepless nights of memorizing codals, reading cases, the nerve-racking recitations and the crazy tests must count for something. This Bar is that something. Now, I had began to realize that the strict revalida and deliberations of Professors to allow me to graduate or not is to resolve the issue of whether I am prepared to take (and pass) the Bar Exam or not. Since, I have graduated and had began reviewing, I am enough. I just have to move forward and soldier on.  

             You might not see it now but come Bar Exam, you will thank your past self, past efforts and this moment when you chose not to give up. 


Comments

Popular Posts